What the hell have I gotten myself into!?!

I am so freaked out right now.

…Because I signed up for amateur night at the studio! (Except it’s not actually held at the studio, it’s held in a club/bar. Yikes.)

But back to freaking out… I’d been toying with the idea since before the start of term, but the idea of actually choreographing and performing my own routine in public was seriously overwhelming, and way out of my comfort zone.

I did have a song in mind right from the start, and had tried to work with it a couple of times on my own at home but didn’t get anywhere so I decided it wasn’t going to happen. Besides, there would be another amateur night held in the studio at the end of the year so at least I’d have time!

Then rumour had it that the end-of-year am nite was going to be cancelled, and I knew in my heart that since it’s always the things that scare you the most that you really need to do in life, I had to reconsider it.

So I re-considered it. And considered it again. And again. And again. And then I got tired of considering and thought, ‘fuck it! I’ll sign up!’

That was ten days ago.

And in these past ten days, I’ve been asking myself… “What In The Hell Were You Thinking, beeyatch?!?!”

That is all. For now.

Cos I’m freaked out.

Gahhh!!!

p/s: ..Did I mention that I’m freaked out?

About Chwenny

Body, soul, and pole!
This entry was posted in I'm just saying.. and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to What the hell have I gotten myself into!?!

1. Joe says:

Scared what scared?

2. Queenish says:

Yay! You signed up! I’ll be your no. 1 supporter on that day hehe

3. Angela says:

You’ll be awesome! Have fun with it!

4. Stripper X says:

You can do it! The first competition is always the most difficult, but after that, you’ll be ready for the next one as soon as your set is over…good luck, you’ll be great!

5. Cayce says:

Go Chwenny!!! You can do it!!! Ask the instructors at the studio for help with choreography if you need it – I’m sure they’ll be happy to help you. You can do it!! *waves pom-poms*

6. Amazing Sister in Pole: Congratulations on taking this leap of faith! Scary and exciting all in the same breath. Be true to yourself and your dance. Do moves you are totally comfortable in executing. Smile. Have fun. (Remember, we started poling because it’s FUN!) Find your breath and take a deep one. And another deep one. Know that you have so many people there who will be supporting you. There will be two types of folks there: The ones who have been there/done that and totally know what you are going thorough and the others who are supporting you and looking to you with admiration because they haven’t been in those shoes yet! Both types will be behind you all the way. I don’t even know those folks but I DO know our poling community and can say that with conviction! And lastly, breathe again! 😉

7. woo!!! you will regret it if you back out and your confidence will blow the roof off the club once you perform your routine. You can do it!

8. Chwenny says:

Thanks so much guys, I actually think of all your comments here whenever I get seized by moments of panic, then I breathe, and smile! 🙂