I only signed up for the same 2 classes I did this term again, (inter 3 & techniques 2) but this time they’re both on Monday!
Which means two things:
1) I’ll be half-dead from exhaustion by 930 pm every Monday, and
2) I’ll miss doing more classes with all my friends at the studio the rest of the week
The upside to doing less classes is that I did use my pole at home a lot more this term and I did make some progress with my lefty training. I also did a lot more yoga, pilates, and running, which definitely helped my overall fitness and strength.
But I kinda miss going to the pole studio a crazy 3-4 times a week like I used to! Sigh.
Anyway, seeing how the new term 4 starts on Monday, I think it’s time for some pole goals.
Term 4 will be my 3rd time in inter 3, so it’s time to take things up a notch. Now the tricks aren’t such an issue anymore, but the transitions still need cleaning up. So next term in inter 3, I’ll be working on:
– Coming out of right leg hang (Scorpio) This requires the core strength to reach up and grab the pole high enough to land neatly on my feet with control. No more falling out from V and landing practically on my knees halfway down to the ground.
– Aerial inverts with one leg extended straight, instead of frogging both legs up into V from spin climb. Oh sweet, more core work! Just what I was hoping for.. *Not!!* Eventually I want the inside leg to be the extended one, but as Po.lita says, you could shoot tampons with that kind of core strength. Yup, think I’ll just start with the outside leg for now.
– Perfecting my timing. This one’s a lot harder than it sounds. I’m not the savvy-dancer-type who can dance and count at the same time. In fact, I completely lose count once the music starts and the instructor stops shouting out the counts. I prefer tagging specific song lyrics or beats for specific moves.
For example, in this term’s Sexy Bitch routine, the combos were timed perfectly to Akon singing ‘She’s nothing like a girl you’ve ever seen before, nothing you can compare to your neighborhood… *Open legs into V on* “whore”!’ So appropriate, I know.
– Getting the Candy shoulder mount. I’ve been putting this off completely for the past 2 terms, refusing to even start trying to work on it. In my mind, the Candy defies the laws of physics, gravity, and sanity. But I can’t progress to Prep Advanced without it, so it’s time to face off with some Candy wars. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh……!!! *no that wasn’t a war cry. It was me wailing sorrowfully for my collarbone beforehand*
Besides inter 3, I’ve also got to get serious about learning the new tricks in techniques 2 if I ever want to get to Prep. (Yes Tammy, I’m talking to you)
This term, I only did 5 classes out of 8, and the very last class was so far beyond me that I spent most of it standing next to my pole watching the other girls, and the rest of it shaking in my shoes as I was being spotted upside down, trying to will my arms not to give way. Oh wait, I don’t even wear shoes during techniques 2…
Nonetheless, I’m really looking forward to starting the new term on Monday!